QualTek has been at the forefront of growth and transformation since our establishment in 2012. Our work environment reflects this legacy with our dynamic teams known for their fast-paced, results-driven mindset. However, we balance this intensity with a collaborative and relaxed atmosphere.
Join Our Committed Team: If you’re in search of a new opportunity with a clearly defined career path, come and be part of a team that lives by the motto, “Quality first, People and Safety always.” At QualTek, we prioritize excellence, care for our employees, and maintain a steadfast commitment to safety.
Your journey towards professional growth and fulfillment begins here. Explore the possibilities at QualTek, where you can contribute to our ongoing success.
This position assists with the erection, construction, and maintenance of wireless towers and co-location system placement in accordance with all safety and quality guidelines and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Install, inspect, and maintain services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops, and other elevated structures
· Mount antennas, including panels and microwave dishes, run coax, apply connectors, sweep lines, and PIM test coax lines
· Install required tower equipment, including, but not limited to, masts, clamping, bracing, supports, antennas, remote radio units, cabling, and bolting
· Assemble different types of structures such as rooftops, monopoles, self-supports, and guide towers Install power trunk lines
· Complete antenna installation of microwave parabolic one to fifteen feet, VHF, UHF, cellular, and FM broadcast antennas
· Support site cleanup and site upkeep as directed by the Foreman and/or local management
· Load, transport, and unload tools, materials, and equipment in a safe manner
· Complete all required Company documentation
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· One-year wireless telecommunications experience
· Two years’ experience with wireless carrier builds
· Basic knowledge of knots and tower rigging preferred
· Must have or obtain and maintain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution
· Must have or obtain and maintain OSHA 10 construction training card
· Must have or obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Ability to operate power tools and hand tools
· Proven ability to perform fiber and sweep testing
· Ability to operate aerial lifts, man lifts, skid steers, and aerial platform equipment
· Able to work directly with customers, and build bill of materials (BOM) based on job needs per plans
· DC/AC electrical skills
· Ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical or electrical connections
· Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 75 lbs.
· Ability to pull his/her own body weight, plus equipment weight, up a vertical tower to 500 feet repeatedly for long periods of time
· Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
· Ability to travel away from home up to 75% of the time, including weekends and extended travel. Travel includes local site travel or national travel depending on business needs.
$22 – $28 an hour
At QualTek, we’re dedicated to taking care of our team members. We offer a robust employee benefits program designed to meet your needs and ensure you have the security and support you deserve. We understand that benefits are a crucial part of your overall compensation, and we’re committed to providing a competitive package within our industry.
Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits: We’ve got your health covered.
Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits: Protection when you need it most.
Company Paid Basic Life Insurance: Additional voluntary benefits are available.
Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness, and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity Plans: Added security for you and your loved ones.
Flexible Spending Accounts: Manage your finances with flexibility.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Support when life throws challenges your way.
401(K) with company match: Building your financial future with us.
Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays: Achieving that work-life balance.
Paid Parental Leave: Supporting your family is our priority.
Employee Referral Program: Share the opportunities and reap the rewards.
Company Discount Program: Enjoy savings on everyday expenses.
At QualTek, we take great pride in our talented professionals and the innovative technology services we provide. Join our team and become a part of the QualTek family, where you’ll contribute to shaping the future of technology.
QualTek is proud to be recognized as a Military Friendly Company.
#QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: Job requirements may be adjusted to accommodate individuals with disabilities and reflect evolving position demands. Our goal is to ensure equal opportunities for all.