NATE has developed the 'job connect portal' as a service to its members by connecting applicants to its members jobs. As you select a position to apply for you will be directed to the company's website. As an association, NATE has no direct knowledge of a company's hiring policies or procedures. Please direct your inquiries directly to the company.
To apply for this job please visit www.mn.gov.
When you start a career with us, you may be eligible for a hiring bonus of up to $5,000!
This position will perform the functions necessary to install and maintain the equipment installed on the statewide network of communication towers. To work in cooperation with the Office of Statewide Radio Communications Engineering and Maintenance sections to provide the services required to maintain the equipment in a constant state of readiness to provide technical expertise and lead direction/supervision to radio tower technicians and contractors working on state tower projects. To maintain antennas and transmission line systems so that systems can be restored to operational condition in an efficient manner an in a reasonable amount of time.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 12 paid holidays per year
· Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
· 13 paid sick days per year
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
Three years of experience in installing, inspecting, maintaining, and repairing radio communication antenna systems and equipment.
· Advanced knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to the lighting and painting of radio towers to provide expertise to other areas of the office, including construction inspection.
· Ability to provide work direction to other technicians/contractors and inspect work.
· Knowledge of FCC rules as they pertain to installation of antennas or other types of communication tower equipment
· Knowledge of FAA rules relating to communication towers.
· Certification from an instructional school as a certified climber.
· Valid Driver’s License.
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/27/2022:
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.